Tuesday, November 2, 2010

How make yourself known in a new city

I will not be posting monthly nor every other month updates. I will post when I feel I have something worth talking about. This may be more frequent or less frequent. I do not know.

Yesterday I received a package from Ben Larson, who plays in Farms. I met him at the Total Bummer fest in Gainesville, FL this past summer 2010. At the Endless Bummer, Farms was my favorite band to play. I danced with a girl. I left my hand on her butt. She danced with my hand on her butt. My hand went up and down and around in circles. It was a good time.

He invited me to write a not too serious poem loosely based on dragons. I wrote one about my roommate in Boston, as a dragon.

Here are pics of the zine's cover, of my poem in it, a drawing of roommate as a dragon, and of other poems and drawings I liked.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Ben and Michelle send me a lot of other cool stuff which made me happy. Stickers, their university's literary/arts journal. A magazine clipping with photos I plan to use with my English learners' class.

I am very happy. They are maintaining a blog about it. Check that out HERE.

Photobucket's being a bitch and I can't figure out how to make this work. So click on the pic and maybe you can see what's not cut out.

I've also been doing reviews of books I've been reading on my Tumblr. Check that out HERE.


Thank you for reading. Have a nice day!

Gustavo

No comments:

Post a Comment